· According permission for purchase of movable of immovable property by Additional Secretary to Government MSME Department, Director Industries, Director EP&M under Government Servants conduct Rules.
· Sanction of leave of the Additional Secretary to Government MSME Department.
· Petitions/representation from Public addressed to the Secretary.
· Sanction or remuneration for additional Work.
· Sanction of pension, DCRG, and CVP of all employees.
· Appointment of Group-B (Non- gazetted) and Group-C Officers.
· Preparation of budget estimate, revised budget estimate and complication of estimate of the controlling Officers and sanction of funds provided in the budget .
· Supplementary demands/re-appropriation.
· Review of expenditure of Plan scheme/Non-plan Scheme.
· Submission of schedule.
· Ways and means forecast.
· Confirmation of all employees.
· Budget circular and instruction.
· Draft appropriation accounts.
· Creation and continuation of all posts plan and Non-plan schemes, sanctioning the permanence of posts of all such Officers.
· Audit reports and draft Paras.
· Administrative approval of different Projects/schemes costing less than 15 lakhs.
· Approval of tour Programme and dairies of the Additional Secretary to Government, MSME Department.
· Disciplinary action against Group C officers.
· Framing of service recruitment rules.
· Public accounts committee.
· Sanction of deputation of Group C Officers.
· Sanction of journey of Group C officers by air.
· Sanction of journey outside the state of all staff.
· Sanction of house building advance and motor cycle Advance of all Group A officers.
· Fixation of pay the Additional Secretary to Government, MSME Department.
· Sanction of G.P.F advance, increment, LTC of the staff.
· All the financial powers for sanction of funds amounting more than Rs.15,00,000/-(Rupees Fifteen Lakhs).
· Review of the working of PSI units/Pilot Projects Companies.
· Review of monthly progress report of different corporations.
· Matters relating to issue of Recommendations for supply of raw materials and issue of import License.
· Matters relating to Odisha Khadi & Village Industries Board(OK&VIB).
· Matters relating to Board of Directors of joint Sectors /Private Companies.
· Programmes relating to the economics rehabilitation of rural poor.
· Review of Progress of sanction & recovery of Loan by OSFC/OSIC.
· Matters relating to meetings of BOD of OSFC,OSIC,OCCC Ltd etc. relating to MSME Department.
· Schemes relating to refinancing of industrial Projects & other financing Schemes of national Level financial institution.
· All matters relating to Special Projects/GOI projects in the state.
· Approval of plans & estimates of on schemes with concurrence of FD.
· Matters relating to Disciplinary Proceeding and Vigilance cases.
· Confirmation of all categories of Group A&B Officers.